Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Gratitude/#blessed

In my last few posts I have been lacking on what I feel most, gratitude. I honestly 96% of the time feel extremely happy & #blessed. Sometimes we just all get in a rut once we are faced with challenges &, every once in a while, we need to really sulk in it. Thank goodness for an awesome adult night followed by a Sunday Funday to really put things back in perspective. 

Here’s what I realized, we all have our own struggles. It’s really easy to get wrapped up in what you are dealing with sometimes & not recognize that we are all struggling in different ways. I had a good friend tell me the other day that motherhood can be so lonely & it struck a nerve. I was sitting here feeling so alone. No one understood exactly what I was going through, even my husband. The pressure & guilt that a mother naturally assumes is unreal. But that really hit me. Here I felt so alone & almost ostracized but there are millions of mothers out there feeling just as inadequate & unsure as me!
 
So, back to this weekend, spending  time with our friends was more therapy than anyone could ever know. I began to feel more like myself, but also feeling like there was so need to hide my insecurities with parenting or life-ing, because everyone else is dealing with the same stuff.

Here is the one thing I’ve learned since turning 35, I want to be the most authentic version of myself. It most likely will not always be pretty, or neat, or even nice but it will 100% be me. I am extremely #blessed by amazing kids, family, & friends but every once in a while life just knocks you down. I’m so glad to be on the upswing & know we will all make it through it! Here’s to an amazing tribe for being there for us all! I needed it more than you’ll ever know ❤️ 

And yes, #blessed has been a subtle Bruno Mars reference because who honestly doesn’t love him?!?? 

The love of my life! So incredibly lucky to have him by my side & also thankful he lets me talk him into these things where we have to get dressed up 💛

So fun connecting with new & old friends! 


Thankful for amazing friends always around to try & lift my spirits!! FYI sun is definitely the way to a girl’s heart after 17 days in Cincinnati 😬


Sunday Funday was much needed! Thankful for an awesome school family that includes some pretty awesome parents & staff, & includes my real family too ❤️

So lucky to have a sister that forced us out of the house for a night of fun! We needed it more than you’ll ever know 💛And, just because they are so cute! Absolutely #blessed by these 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment