Friday, April 13, 2018

Finding Balance 

So, I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned, but I recently turned 35. I know, I’m shocked as well. Typically a specific age doesn’t bother me but 35 felt kind of heavy. First of all, it was spent in Cincinnati in the hospital with Carson. That isn’t the best way to celebrate although I have spent a few birthdays in hospitals with Carson. But that wasn’t all of it. There was something about that number that made me feel like I should have my stuff together more, I should be way more adult than I feel half the time. But, the reality is, I still don’t know the answers to half the things I think I should, I’m still unsure if I’m doing things right, & I’m kind of in shock that I’m in charge of two humans & their outcome in life. I’m trying to find balance between being an adult & the best mom I can be to my babies while also wanting to still have fun with friends & pretend I’m young & carefree.

I’m so fortunate to have family close to watch the kids when we need time away & it is so needed. Carson has struggled when we leave him recently however. It instantly brings back memories of hospitals & tubes & the disruption of normal life. This is just another thing we are trying to find balance with. Trying to live a life that embodies family time & adult time is what we’ve always strived for & I think we do a pretty good job of it! It’s just a constant battle of balancing what is best for everyone.

A fun night with friends!
Meeting Edwin McCain after a great concert performed by him!
And then spending the entire day with my babies the next day, even if it was unplanned ❤️

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely the best mom out there for Carson and Hunter! Life is definitely all about balance, which we are also still learning. 35 is creeping up on me quick and I'm thinking I need some more adult time too :)

    ReplyDelete