Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Contentment 

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about contentment. That sought after sense of happiness, bliss, pure satisfaction. I feel like I’m constantly chasing it. It’s hard to just sit in a moment & feel content.
When we came home from Cincinnati I honestly never thought I would ever have a moment of relief, much less feeling content. Then, a funny thing happened, life keeps moving & you get settled & realize the huge obstacles you were facing weren’t that tough at all.
Even after all of that, feeling at peace is a constant struggle for me. My mind is a million miles a minute so to ever think that all is right in the world is my biggest challenge. But, I noticed the other day, everything seemed brighter, songs I’ve skipped over I wanted to hear, sunroof was opened, pure happiness was flowing all around. I had found what I am constantly seeking. There was no rhyme or reason why it was here, but it felt blissful. And just as quickly as it came it was gone again. It was back to the daily stresses & worrying about every little thing. I guess that’s the natural ebb & flow of life. We unintentionally put so much of life’s worries on ourselves that separating from it is almost impossible.
I will say having those few fleeting moments of pure contentment have reminded me once again that it does exist. It’s just working on unwinding myself up enough to truly live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment