Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A love letter to my daughter 

Dear Hunter Mae,

I wanted to write you this letter to let you know how you filled a place in our heart & family we didn’t know we needed. You were the missing puzzle piece our hearts secretly longed for. You were the one thing I was scared to even hope for after losing Dylan. You are my built in best friend whose favorite game consists of telling each other who is prettier.

I wanted you to know that while your brother takes the spotlight often, you shine in your own light. You are the most amazing sister & love your brother like none other. You miss him incredibly when he’s not around & boss him around like you are his mother. You are hilarious & beautiful & smart & sassy & have the sweetest heart. The rare moments I get to wake up next to you, when you aren’t snuggled up next to your brother, you tell me I’m a beauty. You have a genuine heart of gold. 

Mostly, I wanted you to know how important you are to all of us. We were not complete until you were born. Carson loved you from the start & you have looked at him with adoring eyes ever since. I love seeing your relationship & knowing that no matter what you two will always have each other. 

We love you Hunter Mae, always & forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment